Announcing Motor Trend on MSN
A New Site for Everything Auto
Buying a car can be a complex journey, especially in this era of the hyper-connected digital universe. Research shows consumers visit between six and 20 web sites to get the information they want before purchasing an automobile. With that in mind, together with Motor Trend we are creating an all-new, immersive online automotive experience that will significantly change the way people shop for, look at, and talk about cars – all in one place.
The new Motor Trend on MSN site, expected to launch in early 2014, will marry Motor Trend’s industry leading expertise with MSN’s massive scale. The result: a powerful, trusted, and entertaining autos resource designed to appeal to the in-market shopper and automotive enthusiast alike through an unbeatable experience that’s sleek, fast, and optimized for every screen – be it desktop, tablet, or mobile. The central focus of the effort will be a completely redesigned, easy-to-use Buying Guide heavy on vital information and seamlessly integrated into the overall experience, including deep car comparison tool, engaging editorial, and professionally produced videos.
For advertisers, Motor Trend on MSN will create a new and improved path to reach millions of qualified consumers who are ready and eager to learn more about and purchase autos. The new site will offer customized brand integration plus delivery of massive scale, allowing advertisers to engage with car buyers for maximum ROI. Major events such as Motor Trend’s Best Driver’s Car and annual Of the Year Awards, and the redesigned Buying Guide will provide high-quality contextual environments for reaching both influencers and in-market intenders. Motor Trend influencers directly impact an average of seven-plus car decisions a year among their peer circles. Additionally, only 1% of the combined audience of MSN and MotorTrend.com overlaps today*, providing even more value to advertisers with little duplication of audience.
“We are very excited about our partnership with MSN,” said Eric B. Schwab, EVP, Sales & Marketing, and Group Publisher of the Motor Trend Automotive Group. “The idea of Motor Trend on MSN is to combine the reach and capability of MSN with the rich and authoritative premium auto content from Motor Trend.”
“Automotive influencers, as well as new car intenders, will be offered an entirely new way to experience content and shop for automobiles,” continued Schwab. “Motor Trend on MSN will offer advertisers multi-platform solutions with unparalleled scale and credibility in the auto arena. It’s a win-win all the way around.”
Motor Trend on MSN will set us apart from the competition for several reasons:
- Motor Trend web content will be exclusively available on MSN. For 65 years, Motor Trend has set the standard for unbiased, high-quality, and entertaining automotive journalism.
- Motor Trend on MSN will launch with a new slate of original automotive content and video focused on the all-new Buying Guide experience.
- Navigation will be simpler and performance faster across desktop, mobile, and tablet, allowing for dramatically improved ease of use.
- New social features will analyze millions of search and social signals to surface trending auto topics and allow for immediate sharing, complementing Motor Trend’s existing social media channels.
- Motor Trend on MSN will provide best of breed advertising opportunities to brands via unparalleled credibility of content, massive reach, robust search tools, and a built in social platform.
For years, MSN Autos has been one of the web’s top destinations for helping people research, shop, and buy autos. We’re excited to take that experience to the next level by leveraging Motor Trend, the authoritative source for autos content and expertise.
- Keith Lorizio,Vice President of US Sales & Marketing, Microsoft Advertising
(*Source: comScore audience duplication, April 2013).
I blog often and I truly thank you for your information. This article has really peaked my interest. I will book mark your site and keep checking for new information about once per week. I opted in for your Feed too.